A random view of a gamelan-playing, food-loving linguist from sunny Southern California.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Here in sunny, warm San Diego...

And I really don't enjoy it. After being born and raised here for 18 years, one can get tired of the seemingly endless sunshine. It just doesn't do much for me anymore. I guess it would be different if Igrew up next to the beach or something, but nah, that didn't happen. Anyway, now I'm sort of proud of telling people where I grew up - at the time, it was sort of a rough neighborhood in San Diego, right next to the border of National City... Anyhow, I hate it when these Santa Ana winds blow over - makes my skin and lips itch - I hate it! I also hate it when people announce, "Isn'tit such a beautiful day?" I wanna say to them, "NO, IT'S NOT! IT'SF***ING GLOBAL WARMING - IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WARM AROUND THISTIME OF YEAR!" That's why I loved the weather two weeks ago - I thinkit was the coldest it's ever been in SoCal. Aduh, SoCal is turning outmore like Australia year after year, weatherwise.

BTW, I recently opened a bottle of Korean raspberry wine called bokbunja-ju. "Ju" is the part that means alcohol. It was quite nice - it might even work with a heavy meat stew - a sort of liquified, alcoholic version of cranberry sauce. Just drink between each mouthful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Well, I am having a bit more fun now - I got a chance to see my older sister who now lives in Reno, NV. One thing I can tell you - I've been eating a lot lately!! And it's quite interesting playing Scrabble while being buzzed by a half-bottle of Tokaji wine. (For those of you who haven't heard of Tokaji, it's a nice Hungarian "noble rot" dessert wine.

BTW, I just got my rejection notice from BLS :( Anyway, thanks for watering my plants!

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Ed said...

Oh, You-jing... Have fun at the Grand Canyon as well. You will definitely enjoy it!

2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home