A random view of a gamelan-playing, food-loving linguist from sunny Southern California.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Translation...

Trust me, anybody can tell you it's not an easy thing to do. Last night I went to a friend's place, where she wanted my help in de-obfuscating some English idioms - she's translating some texts into Mandarin. The toughest one was "almost by default" - we wracked our brains for at least five minutes trying to unravel that one. I had to squeeze my brain for a couple of seconds (OK, so it looked like I was just covering up my ears in a really weird fashion)! Anyway, tonight I'm going to show one of Peter Greenaway's twisted films - his most notorious one. I'll just leave it at that. Talking about things twisted, for the occassion, I'll be making my twisted take on chicken adobo. For starters, it's got red wine and chestnuts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home