A random view of a gamelan-playing, food-loving linguist from sunny Southern California.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Javanese Gamelan concert on Friday, May 6

Sorry if I haven't been updating this as much as I should - I just started a really cool part-time job at a local company. No, I'm not "flippin' burgers" - I'm actually using my linguistics background there...

Anyhow, just wanted to announce the concert that the UCSB Javanese gamelan will have on Friday, May 6, 8 PM in the Lotte Lehmann Concert Hall at UCSB. We'll have many guest dancers and musicians, including a few of my favorite teachers, Pak Djoko and the Wentens. Pak Djoko, what can I say about him - besides the fact that he still sounds like someone who just came here 10 months ago, when in fact he came over 10 years ago. He would say things like "OK, I don't think so he will come. OK, if not come, then play soooft, just like thaaat." You have to hear his speech - it's great.

Let me give you the rest of the info: ticket prices are $7 students/$12 general, at the door only. If you happen to see this blog, and are in the area, please let people know about this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home